Alginates with Silver
- Absorb moderate to heavy exudate.
- Allow for intact removal of gelled alginate.
- Assist with moist wound healing and autolysis.
- Assist with bioburden management of infected wounds.
- Silver protects against microbial contamination of the dressing, helping to control odor.
Indications for Use
For moderate to heavily exuding partial or full thickness wounds, including:
- Postoperative wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Trauma wounds
Primary Dressing: DermaGinate with Silver
- Calcium alginate wound dressing with antibacterial silver composed of calcium alginate, sodium alginate, and silver particles.
- DermaGinate/Ag is made of natural bers derived from seaweed, and is designed to be highly absorbent. Silver Alginate Dressing can restrain bacterial growth within the dressing for 24 hours.
Cover Dressing: Bordered Gauze
- Absorptive dressing consisting of three layers: low adherent layer protects the wound surface, absorbent gauze layer absorbs exudate, and a non-woven adhesive tape holds the dressing in place.
- Maintains a moist wound environment. Soft and flexible. Easily conforms to wound sites that are difficult to dress. Gentle on skin.
- Ideal for daily use as a primary or secondary dressing.