Calcium Alginate with Silver:
- Absorbs moderate to heavy exudate.
- Allows for intact removal of gelled alginate.
- Assists with moist wound healing and autolysis.
- Assists with bioburden management of infected wounds.
- Silver protects against microbial contamination of the dressing, helping to control odor.
Indications for UseFor moderate to heavily exuding partial or full thickness wounds, including:
- Postoperative wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Trauma wounds
Primary Dressing: DermaGinate with Silver
- Calcium alginate wound dressing with antibacterial silver composed of calcium alginate, sodium alginate, and silver particles.
- DermaGinate/Ag is made of natural bers derived from seaweed, and is designed to be highly absorbent. Silver Alginate Dressing can restrain bacterial growth within the dressing for 24 hours.
- The dressing absorbs exudate and forms a gel-like surface over the wound that supports a moist wound healing environment and keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound
Supportive Dressing: 2-ply 100% Woven Cotton Gauze
- Effectively holds dressing in place.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
* The adhesive Tape is part of the starterPAC (1 roll/20 units) and careBOX (2 rolls/40 units)